We are hiring!
At the moment we have a vacancy for a Senior Structural Specialist
As a senior structural specialist at Conoship International you will be responsible for the structural design of general cargo vessels, tankers, dredgers, offshore vessels, ro-ro vessels, fishing vessels or specials. Depending on the scope of the project, the structural specialist either carries out the design activities by him/herself, or supervises and co-ordinates the work of (a number of) junior designers.
You will be working in a diverse team of Naval Architects, Structural Specialist, Detail Engineers and Projectmanagers in collaboration with the R&D department at our office in the Northern Netherlands.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference SSS1219 before January 20th 2020.
- Develop and optimize structures and structural designs;
- Setup calculations and drawings for the midship section of several kind of ships;
- Calculate and keep the steel weight up to date;
- Calculate and design all kinds of foundations;
- Supervise structural design in a project;
- Maintain and extend contacts with clients (ship-owners/shipyards), suppliers and Class societies;
- Cooperate with senior ship designer in optimizing the overall design.
- MSc or BSc in Ship Structural Design;
- Extensive experience in a similar function (>5 years);
- Preferably experienced in projectmanagement and/or coordinating junior designers;
- Preferably hands-on experience with FEM analysis;
- Experienced in AutoCAD and ANSYS or similar;
- Affinity with innovative coastal/Short Sea Shipping, offshore support vessels and dredgers;
- Fluent in English, preferably also Dutch speaking;
- Flexible, creative, innovative integrator of specialisms;
- Team player, excellent relationship management skills;
- Living in the North of the Netherlands, or willing to move.
Who we are
Conoship International is an ambitious and innovative ship design and engineering office. Founded in 1952 as the central design office for a group of Northern Dutch shipyards, Conoship International developed a strikingly wide range of ships, from general cargo vessels, tankers, dredgers, to ferries and offshore vessels. Over 2,000 ships were built based on our designs, operating all around the world. We are passionate ship designers supporting our clients in realising their vision during all phases of the shipbuilding process.
Your vision on maritime business in combination with our knowledge and knowhow on ship design shall result in the best fit for purpose and unique concept to distinguish your activities in your markets, elaborated to the best basic and complete design. Our in-house teams of naval architects and mechanical and structural engineers have the drive and capability of realizing the most challenging complete designs. From the first board sketch up to the delivery of the ship.
This interaction and integration of the various disciplines of ship design and engineering enables Conoship International to create and develop the next level in ship design. We are looking forward to your challenging requirements and to become your partner for your next ship.